Friday, February 4, 2011

New Wedding Boutique: Behold, BHLDN!

While I love living in big cities and surrounding myself with modern architecture and design, my Southern roots have always drawn me toward tradition, antiques and lace when it comes to weddings. As a little girl, I spent hours digging through my great-grandmother’s wooden trunk, trying on mink stoles, lace gloves, veiled hats and little white frocks, and for my graduation, I donned a 19th century garden party dress and a wreath of flowers in my hair. One thing I learned while wearing that dress, however, is that antique gowns are VERY fragile and prone to mishaps. (My mother had to re-sew the hem of my dress as I was standing in line for my graduation processional after my heel barely brushed it while making my way up the staircase.) A ripped gown is NOT something you want to deal with on your wedding day. Luckily, companies like Anthropologie allow me to get my lace and floral fix without the fear of having my 100-year old dress unravel at the seams.

That is why I am really excited about BHLDN, which will launch this Valentine’s Day. BHLDN is a wedding brand and online boutique inspired by Anthropologie that will feature gowns, dresses, shoes, jewelry and accessories for brides to be. I received a sneak peak of the line today, and I was thrilled by their creamy, white vintage-inspired gowns, muted floral dresses, and dainty lace gloves. I immediately signed up for their newsletter, and I can’t wait to see their bridal lingerie collection and other frills. If you are the type of girl who dreams about garden-style weddings and mint julep-filled receptions, check out BHLDN.

Posted by Kate.


Photographs by Anthropologie. Note: Ciao Bella Events has no affiliation with Anthropologie or BHLDN.

No comments:

Post a Comment